Wednesday, December 5, 2007

BCS BLUES????


So, I decided to take a few days off from blogging, due to the fact that I've slightly burned out on college football for a moment, and a season as overwhelmingly mediocre as this one almost makes me reassess the possibility that I am a sane human being for loving this sport as much as I do. I keep hearing people say this is the best college football seasons ever, and I keep wondering for whom this season kicks so much ass. For Hawaii fans most definitely, this season has to be the most memorable ever. For Mississippi State and Kentucky fans, it definitely had its tremendous highs and monstrous lows. For the teams featuring coaches who were ready to devour a semen smoothie for a glimpse at that title game, they have all had better seasons, and for Pete Carroll, that guy has the best attitude of any coach I've seen in recent years. He wasn't Mark Richt suggesting that a team that finishes third in its conference and second in its side of the conference should legitimately get the opportunity to play that game. He wasn't Les Miles discussing his team's unbeaten status in regulation games, and he wasn't Bob Stoops ready to go spread eagle and take on the entire BCS committee for another chance to lose or get blown out in a title game. Carroll was pretty fucking cool about the whole ordeal. He knew his team lost to a terrible Stanford team and he took the blame for the loss. He said that his team just "wanted to win forever," which is a pretty good goal for a college football team and its coach. I don't blame the other guys for pandering a bit, though, because that's what they get paid to do.

No comments: