Sunday, January 11, 2009

Why don't I care about the NFL playoffs this year?

Maybe I am burned out of the game after a long college season. Perhaps I'm just realizing there is more to life than watching football. But, maybe, just maybe, I don't care about any of the teams playing in the NFL playoffs this season. Yesterday, I watched just 5 minutes of the Game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Carolina Panthers, and that was all the football I could take. i know the Ravens beat the Titans, but I just can't get excited over two defensive teams struggling to score and the Titans offensive players just waiting until their number is called and a Ravens defender sends them to the ICU for the next two weeks.

I plan on watching zero football today, as well.

For the record, I'm totally pulling for Arizona to win the Super Bowl. I know it won't happen, but Arizona, despite beating Atlanta, makes me smile when I think about that mediocre team with two awesome receivers, a good Christian qb, and a handful of aggressive defenders being an elite team in the NFL. It's awesome, actually.

3 comments:

JR Suicide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JR Suicide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JR Suicide said...

agreed. i'm so fucking over football right now that it makes me sad. a Steelers vs. Eagles super bowl seems so fucking obvious right now, i just can't take it. when's the draft?